As PMI transitions to a new PMP examination after August 31st, they need to update the examination reporting processes. This means for a short period of time examination results will not be available immediately following the exam i.e. PMP exam results delayed. There will be a 4–6 week period between taking the examination and receiving the results via email. A delay like this is necessary any time an exam changes, to validate the new examination structure. In particular, note the following details about the delivery of the examination results.
- Candidates who take the updated computer-based examination on or after 31 August will not receive immediate results at the Prometric testing center.
- Candidates taking the updated paper-based examination can also expect a delay in receiving their examination results.
- Once PMI validates the new examination structure (by mid-October) they will be able to resume providing individuals with immediate results at the Prometric testing center.
- Each PMP candidate will receive a communication to notify them when their results are available at PMI.org.
- All candidates can expect to receive their examination results by mid-October.