The PMI Authorized Training Partner program launched in Q1 2021. To earn the PMI ATP designation, a provider must meet rigorous standards for quality and effectiveness.
The program is designed to help people find high-quality training. Training with an Authorized Partner ensures you are trained:
- By an organization, you can trust.
- With high-quality PMI-developed course content.
- By PMI-approved and -vetted instructors.
This is especially important when preparing for the PMP® exam. All PMI Authorized Training Partner instructors who teach PMP exam prep course content are required to complete the PMI Authorized Training Partner Train the Trainer – PMP Exam Prep® program, and use PMI-developed training course content.
What is Different about PMI ATP Authorized Training Partner Training?
- Demonstrated alignment with PMI, the world’s largest project management membership association.
- Pre-approved by PMI to offer PDUs (Professional Development Units).
- Certification holder PDU claims are automatically expedited for processing.
- Qualifications are verified before acceptance and every three years thereafter through PMI’s quality review process.
- Every project management course registered with PMI must be reviewed by an appropriate and valid PMI credential holder.
- Verified focus of courses and learning outcomes.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification prep courses must be taught by valid PMP certification holders.
- Instructors must be current in learning methods and must continuously enhance their skills.
- Courses must be current and aligned to the latest PMI Global Standards.
- Verified mechanism in place for students to provide feedback on courses to the organization and PMI.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement of courses based on student feedback.
- Continuous quality improvement process and procedures demonstrated throughout the organization.
PMI Authorized Training Provider (ATP) Criteria
- Organizations must be a legal business entity for 3 years and pass a background and credit check.
- Must have documented customer resolution issue process.
- Must use PMI-provided course content for PMP exam prep courses.
- Instructors must complete Authorized Training Partner Train the Trainer – PMP Exam Prep to teach PMP exam prep courses.
- Instructors must be certified PMP credential holders and be in good standing with PMI and possess agile project experience to teach PMP exam prep courses.
Project Management Training
Key Consulting is a PMI ATP, and has been providing project management training using Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices and standards since 2002. Key Consulting employees have been part of PMI since 1991.
Our style of training is very interactive – participants will work on projects from your organization, utilizing tools and templates that we use every day to manage real projects. We consistently receive excellent ratings from training participants, and have experience conducting project management training and Microsoft Project training for both large and small organizations. (Read more about our approach to project management training.)
We offer a variety of public project management training courses that range from 4 hours to 40 hours, and cover everything from project management fundamentals, to project management certification, to Microsoft Project best practices. Select a location for a listing of course dates: Seattle/Bellevue, Tucson, Grand Cayman, live online.